Weekend Chocolate Mylk Vegan Smoothie is packed with Plant-strong nutrition and comfort food taste.
This energizing powerhouse smoothie will satisfy your sweet tooth without the giving you the post-sugar jitters, and checks 2 of your 5-a-day fruit + veggie count in one healthy serving. An up-cycled take on the classic childhood comfort food, this vegan, dairy-free & gluten-free deliciousness packs a nutrition power punch providing 50% USRDA of Calcium, 13% of your daily Iron needs, 4g of dietary fiber, and 1.5g of heart and brain boosting omega 3’s.
Weekend Chocolate Mylk is an awesome meal replacement for a busy morning on the run, or savor a mug in your PJ’s with your favorite lazy day cuddle buddy. My favorite indulgence is to pair with Trader Joes’ Vanilla Joe Joe’s and a morning in the hammock under the trees. Mmmmm :).
Weekend Chocolate Mylk
- 2 Cups Silk unsweetened Cashew Milk “with a touch of Almond”
- 2 organic medjool dates pits removed
- 1 tbsp roasted & salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 single serve Go Pack Carrington Farms Flax Chia Mix
- 1 Cup Frozen organic strawberries
- 1 Cup Earthbound Farm Organic Power Greens
- 1 TBSP 100% unsweetened Cacao Powder I used Hersheys
- In the smaller smoothie blender container for your blender or food processing machine ( I love my Ninja), place your cashew-almond milk followed by your solid ingredients, adding greens and cacao last. Blend on smoothie setting for about two minutes, or until fully blended. You may adjust the thickness by adding more or less cashew milk to achieve desired consistency. You can make this recipe nut free by using rice milk (note that rice milk will increase the carb and calorie content).
Written by: Ann C. Collins, MD, RYT